The Ducan Diet has consistently topped the lists of the best dietary standards. Nearly one in three people losing weight tried to keep it off. It has many critical revisions due to the need for tight control over dietary adherence. But statistics show that almost everyone who sat on it lost a lot of weight and didn't gain any more.
The Dukan Diet was developed by French nutritionist Pierre Dukan. It took him almost 40 years to carry out all the necessary research and present the final result of his work to the general public. An individual method of losing weight, created by a doctor, became very popular and sought after almost immediately.
The essence and principles of the Ducan diet
The main essence of the diet is the division of the entire weight loss period into 4 stages, each with a different diet.
The basic principles of the Ducan diet are based on the following:
- Exclude fatty meat from the diet.
- Eat chicken, turkey. The fish should also not contain too much fat.
- Low-fat dairy products are allowed. Natural yogurt with fruit additives is allowed.
- Sugar and salt - strictly minimal, but various natural sweeteners and spices are not excluded.
- For each phase, only a certain list of products is characteristic.
- Vegetables need to be boiled, steamed or grilled.
- It is imperative to drink up to 2 liters of fresh water a day.
- Consume 1 tablespoon of oat bran daily in the morning.
Important!Starchy vegetables such as potatoes and some vegetables are not recommended for steaming.
where to start
Before starting a diet, you should definitely prepare yourself for a positive result. You can watch a motivating movie or read reviews from those who managed to lose all those extra pounds thanks to the Ducan menu.
In addition to motivation, it is important to consult a doctor or nutritionist. It may be possible to identify certain illnesses, due to which this weight loss method is not suitable for an individual person.
Stages of the Dukan Protein Diet
Weight loss on the Ducan diet is required in 4 steps, which have the following names:
- Alternation (also called Cruise).
The first stage "Attack" is the shortest, its duration depends on the initial weight of the losing weight. If you need to lose up to 5 kg of excess weight, then the "Attack" needs to be extended for only 2 days, from 5 to 10 kg - by 3, from 10 to 20 kg - 5, from 20 to 30 kg - a week. When the excess exceeds 30 kg, the duration of the step will be 10 days.
The second phase "Alternation" is the basis of Ducan's diet. Its duration also depends on being overweight. It is necessary to follow the nutritional step until the losing weight reaches the necessary weight. On average, the "Toggle" or "Cruise" period lasts from 2 to 6 months.
The duration of the third stage "Consolidation" depends on the number of pounds thrown away. Each lost kilogram corresponds to 10 days of phase.
The fourth stage "Stabilization" is recommended to be a lifelong habit as it helps to maintain normal weight and health.
Step description and rules
First, the body needs to be prepared to cut back on the diet, then the weight loss process begins, after which it is necessary to consolidate the result and get used to a new lifestyle without harmful products.
During the attack period, the body must be adjusted to destroy fat. You can eat at any time of day, but only some foods.
Meat and fish should be boiled or steamed. It is allowed to add powdered vanilla or coconut to yogurt.
Alternating or Cruising
The cruise consists of alternate days of vegetables and proteins. You can switch them from 1 to 5 days. Nutritionists recommend adhering to a 1/1 or 2/2 regimen. As a protein, you can consume products from the attack phase and low-fat curds, kefir.
Important!The consumption of potatoes, rice, peas, avocados and grains is strictly prohibited.
Anchoring or Consolidation
A more benign stage where Ducan's menu allows for indulgences. Once every 7 to 10 days, you can organize regular days and eat whatever you like in moderation. But at the same time, during the same period, it is necessary to spend 1 day discharging, completely protein.
Rice, peas, pasta, potatoes and beans can only be eaten twice a week. Cheese and bread also need to be cut.
Pierre Dukan recommends sticking to the Stabilization stage menu for the rest of your life. This nutrition makes it possible to form a correct lifestyle without any problems.
The basics of the fourth phase:
- Drink up to 2 liters daily. clean water.
- Be active, walk outdoors for half an hour a day.
- Take a protein fast day once a week.
- Start each morning with 3 tbsp. me. oat
Approved products table for each step
- lean meats (turkey and chicken);
- a fish;
- chicken eggs (no more than 2 units per day);
- some types of natural herbs and spices (mustard, sugar substitute, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice);
- non-fat yogurts without additives.
- phase 1 products;
- eggplant, radish, turnip, zucchini;
- white cabbage, broccoli;
- onions and leeks;
- tomatoes and cucumbers;
- sorrel, spinach, celery;
- products from the first two phases;
- fruits and berries (except cherries, bananas, melons and grapes);
- 2 slices of bread a day;
- mature varieties of cheese;
- rice, beans and peas.
Everyday sample menu at all stages
Description of an example weekly menu for all phases of the Ducan diet:
- processed cheese with scrambled eggs;
- chicken fricasci;
- boiled eggs;
- meat chips in the oven.
- steamed chicken or lean fish chops;
- chicken broth or pureed soups;
- boiled or roasted chicken;
- bone-in meatballs;
- lean veal steaks with lemon juice and thyme.
- Meatballs roasted with herbs;
- egg roll with ham;
- steamed or roasted fish;
- light fish pie.
- ham omelet;
- dyukanovskie syrniki;
- boiled or soft boiled egg;
- nonfat cheese.
Belkovo - vegetable day:
- boiled and boiled eggs in powder;
- raw or grilled vegetables;
- omelet or scrambled eggs with tomato;
- oat bran pancakes.
- chicken chops or meatballs;
- ducan flat bread;
- chicken puree soup;
- lean chicken kebabs.
- chicken cooked or roasted with grilled vegetables;
- meatball soup;
- vegetable salads;
- vegetables cooked with meat.
- soups and broths with lean meats;
- baked or steamed fish;
- garnish with vegetables and kefir.
- oven-baked fish with mushrooms;
- vegetable stew;
- Steam cutlets with steamed vegetables.
Observation!You can independently develop a menu for each day of the Dukan diet.
The Ducana Diet offers a wide variety of recipes. All of them are prepared with only permitted foods included in the diet.
The soup requires the following ingredients:
- 500 ml of chicken broth;
- 1 smoked chicken leg;
- 1 onion;
- 2 tbsp. me. oat bran;
- half a teaspoon of vegetable oil;
- 1/2 teaspoon of saffron
- spices and salt to taste.
It should be prepared like this:
Observation!If the ham is already salted, it is better not to salt the broth.
cottage cheese casserole
The diet casserole is prepared without sugar and salt, ideal for the protein day of the Alternate Phase.
The following ingredients are required:
- 500 g of low-fat cottage cheese (non-grained);
- 4 chicken eggs;
- sugar substitute.
The step-by-step preparation of low-calorie sugar goes like this:
Observation!To prevent the casserole from burning and sticking to the pan, spread the bran in the mold.
Du mayonnaise for Attack is prepared from the following products:
- 3 raw egg yolks;
- 100 ml of petroleum jelly;
- 1 teaspoon mustard;
- 1 teaspoon apple cider (can be substituted for wine);
- a few drops of lemon juice;
- a bit of salt;
- half tablet of sugar substitute.
According to the algorithm, you need:
Another variant of Du mayonnaise is suitable for the Attack phase. For it you will need:
- 300 ml of light yogurt without additives (replaceable with diet curd);
- 3 hard-boiled egg yolks;
- 1 teaspoon mustard;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
You need to cook it like this:
Pierre Ducan's Vegetable Diet for Meat Intolerance
Vegetarians will have a hard time following the Ducan diet, especially on protein days. However, there is an effective method to transfer it without interruption - replacing animal proteins with vegetable ones. Soy will help a lot here. In the third step, it is necessary to increase the amount of vegetables in the diet.
During the Attack period, a rapid weight loss of 2 to 7 kg occurs. In the second step, all excess mass is thrown away, as this is the goal of the alternation phase. In the last steps, the result is consolidated, therefore 1-2 kg may disappear.
The Dukan diet has many contraindications, so you should consult a doctor before using it.
Observation!Although this nutritional method was compiled by a physician, it has received many critical reviews from other experts and nutritionists.
Its contraindications are:
- kidney and liver disorder;
- the presence of problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- hormonal disturbance and endocrine system disturbance;
- old age or adolescence;
- pregnancy or breastfeeding period;
- allergy to plant proteins or lactose.
Advantages and disadvantages
Losing weight on Dr. Pierre Ducan's diet has many advantages:
- There are no strict restrictions on the amount of food consumed.
- A balanced and varied diet.
- Fast weight loss in the first phase, which motivates you to continue the diet.
- Gradual, healthy weight loss and a long period of fixation won't allow you to gain the lost pounds again.
This technique revealed the following disadvantages:
- The function of the liver and kidneys deteriorates.
- Metabolism slows down.
- Appetite is suppressed, resulting in constant fatigue and drowsiness.
- Due to the excessive production of ketone bodies, an unpleasant odor is emitted from the mouth.
- The appearance of constipation.
- Hormonal imbalance.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Ducan Diet
Despite a detailed description of each phase of the Ducan diet, people still have many questions.
what is dangerous
Pierre Ducan's diet can be dangerous if the person who is losing weight has disturbances in the functioning of certain organs and systems in the body and is not consulted by a doctor. In other cases, this food cannot cause serious damage to the body.
Can I use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Pregnant and nursing women should not follow this diet. The Ducan Everyday Diet Menu cannot provide the body with all the necessary nutrients and vitamins. And during days of difficult fasting comes stress and fatigue, which can be detrimental to young mothers.
alcohol is possible
Alcohol is not recommended but can be used in food preparation.
Observation!Alcohol is high in calories and unhealthy. In addition, intoxication of the body reduces the motivational mood of weight loss, as it reduces their strength, desire and desire for something.
It is possible dear
The Dukan food system prohibits eating not only honey, but also dried fruit with nuts. They contain high levels of glucose, like some types of fruits.
what bran to use
The most useful are oat bran, which should be used every day. This is a simple but effective way to stimulate your metabolism, which slows down during any diet.
what is COM
COM simply means skimmed milk powder. It is difficult to find in regular stores, but is often used in the preparation of diet products from the Ducan diet.
What to do in case of breakdown
As the diet is quite hard, it will be very difficult for people who are starting to lose weight to get used to it. You must not give up in case of breakdowns, you just need to continue eating according to the schedule, as if there was no violation. However, it will be necessary to add an additional day of the overeating stage.
Observation!If there is a breakdown, it is helpful to increase the force charge to lose the accumulated calories.
Dukan food can be considered the "queen" of all diets. Over the years of its existence, it has helped thousands of desperate overweight people lose weight. Despite negative reviews from doctors, ordinary people who have tried it point to the technique's effectiveness. It will take a lot of patience and willingness to endure the entire required period, but the results will be paid with interest.